In an exciting move for GoEthical, we have partnered with One Tree Planted to help reforestation projects around the world. We have created this blog post to update everybody about this partnership.
Who are One Tree Planted?
One Tree Planted was founded in 2014 by Matt Hill. They are a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization located in Vermont, US.
With a strapline of “A non-profit organization focused on global reforestation”, they have a simple concept of $1 donated = one tree planted.
One Tree Planted is currently planting trees in the following four regions:
- Asia and Australia – including restoration projects from the recent Australian bushfires
- Latin America and
- North America
What does the partnership involve?
GoEthical Ethical Marketplace pledge to donate 1% of our sales commission revenue to our environmental programme, which helps bees, trees and seas. We are delighted to be partnered with One Tree Planted as our “trees” partner”. Our donations will be directly converted into planted trees in the four regions operated in.
Why did we choose this partnership?
The growth of One Tree Planted has been amazing. We were looking to partner with a growing organisation which was making a real impact on the environment. Here are the number of trees, the organisation have planted by year since 2015:
- 2015 – 50,000
- 2016 – 100,000
- 2017 – 300,000
- 2018 – 1.3 million
- 2019 – 4 million
Rather than concentrate on the negatives of deforestation, One Tree Planted focuses on the positive and has planted c6 million trees to date. We will need to update this blog post regularly with the latest stats!
We particularly loved the six pillars philosophy of One Tree Planted which explain why trees are so vital, these are:
- Air – trees are very influential in air quality and absorb masses of pollutant gases
- Biodiversity – trees encourage biodiversity and are home to a range of species such as fungi, insects, mammals, etc.
- Climate – trees dramatically impact the environment by sucking in carbon dioxide, this is especially valuable in cities
- Health – trees positively impact health, reducing stress and anxiety whilst also offering shade
- Social impact – trees have a massive impact on society, they are a source of food and also provide significant levels of employment
- Water – trees capture water and help to avoid landslides and play an important role in water management
For more details about the six pillars, visit this link – https://onetreeplanted.org/pages/why-trees.
Learn more about One Tree Planted
The best way to learn more about One Tree Planted is to visit their website, which can be found at https://onetreeplanted.org/.
The About Us page is particularly informative and inspiring and can be found by clicking https://onetreeplanted.org/pages/about-us.
It’s easy to contact GoEthical to discuss the partnership with One Tree Planted and other topics you may wish to discuss. Choose any of the contact methods below:
- Contact Us page – https://www.bazarapp.co.uk/contact-us
- Telephone – 020 8337 2175
- Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org