“It’s cool to care”
Who are Leiho?
Leiho (which means “How are you?” in Cantonese) was founded in January 2019, by Joey Li. With a motto of “It’s cool to care”, Leiho are working hard to support vulnerable communities around the world by providing them with basic essentials to life.
Leiho’s journey started by supporting homeless people by providing free socks (which was the most commonly requested item of clothing). Recently Leiho have also started providing water cartons to the homeless, which is also another necessity of life.
During the recent COVID-19 lockdown, Leiho converted sock donations into 1500+ meals to help vulnerable communities in isolation, with 4 meals donated for each pair of socks bought. In addition, entertainment items such as colouring books, toys and playing cards for vulnerable families were also provided.
Leiho have two product ranges:
- Socks – each pair features a Leiho face at the ankle to spread a little happiness! Made from bamboo, Leiho socks are ethically produced and are hypoallergenic and odour-resistant. These socks shrink if tumble-dried, so hang them out to dry naturally!
- Water bottles – high-quality water bottles, which are sturdy and refillable. Made from stainless steel, these bottles keep drinks either hot/cold and are 100% leak proof.
Why are Leiho products ethical?
Here are some great reasons to buy Leiho products through GoEthical:
- Environmentally friendly – help avoid the use of single-use plastics and don’t damage the environment in their production
- Natural products – Leiho products are made from natural materials such as bamboo
- Recyclable – Leiho products are made from fully recyclable materials
- Social impact – operating the “buy one give one” model, for each purchase Leiho will:
- Socks – Donate one pair of socks to a homeless person for each pair purchased
- Water bottles – Donate cartons of water to a homeless person for each water bottle purchased
- Supporting disadvantaged communities – working closely with homeless communities, Leiho provides essential “day to day” supplies to the most vulnerable and needy
- Vegan – Leiho socks are made from bamboo and are totally vegan-friendly
Badge Criteria Icons for Leiho
The following badge criteria all apply to Leiho:
- Cruelty free
- Social Impact
Downloading the GoEthical App
If you haven’t downloaded the GoEthical app, why delay? Download the GoEthical app via these links:
- iOS – https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bazar-ethical-marketplace/id1419940679?l=en
- Google Play – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bazarapp.android&hl=en
For friendly advice call 020 8337 2175 and/or visit our contact page to send a message.